Saturday, May 17, 2014

Art Journalling with my daughter


Last night was Art Journal night at SGD hosted by the fabulous duo of Kim and Lori. I took my teen daughter Jaime along as this crafty venture finally appealed to her. Try as I might I can't usually get her to craft with me but when I told her that Art Journal has NO RULES she was all over it. 

And she rocked it

She created the first picture using Dylusions sprays, assorted stamps and Staz On ink. This was her first page and she was HOOKED. 


Her next creation is a tribute to her favourite movie Moulin Rouge. Again she used Dylusions Sprays, some of the new Prima Color bloom sprays for the splatters, various stamps, Staz On and then a stencil with embossing paste for the girl outline. When she explained what her page was about on the way home and why she chose the colours and elements that she did I was so pleased to see her express herself this way. 

In fact she wants to bring some of her teen friends with us next month! Successful mom/daughter outing! Maybe you have a younger person or an older person in your life who may want to try this as well. This activity truly reaches all ages.

If you haven't tried Journalling yet you may want to think about giving it a try- it is so cathartic. In fact I am still mellowed out lol!!!!!!

Huge thank you to Kim and Lori for all their help with our questions last night. So patient and inspirational! And another thank you to the ladies there last night who made it such a warm and welcoming group. 

Cheers, Andrea

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Andrea, I love what you're daughter did! What fun! I also do art with my younger daughter(10)although I didn't have to do any convincing with her, she was all on it from the get go! There is nothing like sharing that time with my daughter, it's priceless!! Enjoy one another and have fun and share!!

Crystal said...

That is truly awesome! I just started art journaling myself and after just 2 weeks am addicted to it. What a great activity to do with your daughter and her pages are lovely!